Did you know that testosterone is not limited to men? While it has a strong reputation as a ‘man’s hormone,’ women can benefit from it too. Women also experience lower levels of testosterone. When that happens, a woman is more likely to gain weight, experience mood swings, and have a noticeable low libido. A woman with low testosterone over a long time may also experience more serious issues, like heart disease, poor memory, and loss of bone density.
Fortunately, there is testosterone therapy. If you’re interested in testosterone therapy, keep reading this article to learn how testosterone therapy can benefit a woman’s health.
Is Testosterone Therapy Really for Women?
There’s this common notion that testosterone only plays an integral role in men’s health. It is best known as an essential male sex hormone that takes aback most women in taking advantage of testosterone treatment. In fact, many women don’t trust testosterone therapy because they have this fear of becoming ‘manly’ with a deep voice, more hair, and buff muscles.
However, testosterone therapy will also work well for women without worrying about its ‘manly’ side effects. Testosterone works intricately with other hormones in the female body to create a powerful core infrastructure.
How Do You Know If a Woman Has Testosterone Imbalance?
While consulting a medical expert is the best way to know if you have testosterone imbalance, there are signs you can look out for to determine if the case is happening to you. The symptoms are very similar in men; they’re just less pronounced in women. If you’re a woman, here are the signs that you have testosterone imbalance:
- You have lost libido and sexual desire
- You are constantly depressed
- You’re always experiencing fatigue
- Your muscles are always weak
- You’re gaining weight
- You’re experiencing hair loss
- You have slow collagen production
How Can Testosterone Therapy Benefit Women?
Aside from treating the symptoms we mentioned, the good thing about testosterone therapy is that you can experience immediate benefits 24 hours after your treatment. Here are some of the notable benefits it can provide to you:
- It Can Improve the Quality of Your Skin – Since testosterone therapy can counteract the effects of aging where the body’s natural collagen diminishes, it can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and help your skin look bright and youthful.
- It Can Improve the Quality of Your Hair – Testosterone therapy can also improve your hair regrowth. It can thicken your hair at the follicle to prevent it from falling out. But, don’t worry because it will not make you hairy as it cannot create new hair follicles. Instead, it will make your hair into what it used to be.
- It Can Benefit Perimenopausal Women – Testosterone therapy is highly beneficial for perimenopausal women as it can improve their energy stamina, burn fat, increase libido, and improve skin health.
- It Helps Restore Hormonal Imbalance – Women in the post-menopausal stage have ovaries that completely shut down. Fortunately, they can benefit from testosterone therapy as it can help restore their hormonal imbalance.
Again, testosterones are not only for men. Women also have that, so testosterone therapy will also work for women. Don’t be afraid of testosterone therapy if you’re a woman, as you can significantly benefit from it. Just make sure to consult your doctor if it’s the proper treatment for you because sometimes, it may not be the best solution, especially if you’re pregnant, could become pregnant, or aren’t done having children.
If you’re looking for a facility in Tampa, FL, that offers testosterone therapy, Infinity Medical Institute is what you’re searching for! We provide natural hormone replacement treatment plans for men and women that use only bio-natural hormones, which are identical to the body’s natural chemistry. Schedule your free consultation with us today!